Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hard Boiled





It's pretty much heresy to say it but I've always felt John Woo is rather over-rated as a director and I've never been a big fan of Chow Yun-Fat either but I rather liked this movie, this movie more or less delivered everything I've been expecting to see from other movies featuring this actor / director combination.

I almost didn't recognise Anthony Wong at first, he looked much younger than I'm used to seeing him in movies and he seemed to be having a lot of fun playing the over the top bad guy in the movie.

I have the region 2 DVD by Prism Leisure which I assume does cheap ass releases of movies, the print they used to master the DVD is in pretty bad condition in places and it looks like the picture was in the wrong aspect ratio, the only language options were for a mono English dub.

I enjoyed Hard Boiled and I'd be interested in picking up a better quality copy at some point, perhaps I would've liked it more if it wasn't for the flawed DVD that I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment