Wednesday, June 9, 2010

City of the Daleks



The first of the new Doctor Who interactive episodes has been released and I'm afraid to say it's a mess, substandard graphics, unresponsive and clunky controls and repetitive game play all combine to make City of the Daleks a fairly unpleasant gaming experience, one it's target audience of younger gamers will probably just find frustrating and give up on it in favor of their X-Box or PS3.

The actual storyline behind the game is decent and the voice acting was better than I expected, personally I'd have preferred to see this story adapted as an animated project like Dreamland or The Infinite Quest.

I know the BBC is keen to develop games on multiple platforms based on the Doctor Who franchise but I'm concerned by allowing such poor quality product to be released they are only going to do harm to the brand name, hopefully they can address some of these issues in the later episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment