Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Enemy Mine


You have to wonder about the people who package DVD sets for the various studios, I picked up the excellent Enemy Mine packaged with the first Alien vs Predator film, not a combination I would've thought of.

Enemy Mine is a movie I've always enjoyed but it was also something I'd just never picked up on DVD until a couple of weeks ago, as far as I know it has never had an Australian DVD release so the only way I'd ever seen it was on a well worn pan and scan VHS tape.

Having never seen the movie in widescreen before Enemy Mine was a joy to watch, the print they used to master the DVD has suffered some minor damage with the passing of time but this is still the best version of the movie I've ever seen.

Watching Enemy Mine I was reminded why I fell in love with movies in the first place, good story telling and acting not special effects ( although it has some nice effects shots as well ).
 
I don't know if a movie like this could get made today but I live in hope, if your a science fiction fan or just a fan of good storytelling and you haven't seen it you really should check it out and if you have already seen it it's well worth a revisit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment