Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Death by Milk Truck ( almost )

Have you ever had one of those days where you should've just stayed in bed ?, I've been having a week like that, it just seems to be one thing after another at the moment.

I was out for a walk early this morning ( very early actually around 6:30am ) and a truck delivering milk to a local hotel rounds a corner and drives up onto the footpath nearly hitting me, his excuse was there usually never anyone there so he shouldn't need to slow down and check to see if anyone is there first and no amount or arguing was going to make him think otherwise, I continued my walk and the heavens themselves opened up with the kind of downpour that would make Noah think he was doomed, the rest of the day was just a series on really annoying events, with any luck tomorrow will be better.

I did pick up a few DVDs this afternoon so I guess the day hasn't been a total travesty, tomorrow I'm expecting a plague of locusts.

2 comments:

  1. Spooky, milk delivery van spilt part of it's load on our corsey, lucky it was plastic bottles and we didn't have to buy milk since:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't cry over spilt milk, it's just I'd planned on keeping my blood on the inside where it belonged and given that it was a pretty big truck I doubt it would've happened that way if it hit me - strange how the driver seemed to think it was unreasonable for pedestrians to be on the footpath.

    ReplyDelete