Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Road to Dune

I was a big fan of Frank Herbert's first three Dune novels, his later Dune novels were OK but I didn't enjoy them as much as the original three, I haven't read any of the prequel books written by his son Brian and Kevin J Anderson as I've heard mixed ( more bad than good ) things about them.

A while back I picked up The Road to Dune and so far it's been a very interesting read, it's sort of like the print version of DVD special features, it contains letters that were exchanged between Frank Hebert and his agent as well as various other people, the original much shorter original version of Dune which was called Spice Planet ( I didn't like it very much to tell the truth ), deleted and alternate versions of material from Dune and Dune Messiah as well as some short stories.

If you are a fan of the Dune books then I think this is well worth a read .

No comments:

Post a Comment