Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Corpse Bride

I've had the DVD for about three years but today I finally got around to watching The Corpse Bride, I was hoping that this movie would capture the magic of A Nightmare Before Christmas but honestly it didn't which isn't to say the movie was bad because it wasn't, it just wasn't anything special.


I don't know where Tim Burton would be if he wasn't making movies, The Corpse Bride like most of his movies was rather unique both in terms of story and visual style but that is to be expected of Burton.

One thing that did really impress me was the cast of voice actors that worked on this movie, especially Christopher Lee, we don't see enough of Christopher Lee in movies these days.

The Corpse Bride like all Tim Burton movies is worth seeing for yourself, it's not one of his better movies but it's nowhere near as bad as his remake of Planet of the Apes either.



No comments:

Post a Comment