Friday, August 13, 2010

One of those days

My Grandfather called me today to say he wanted to buy a high definition plasma screen and he was wondering if I'd go with him to look at them, he knew pretty much what he wanted to spend and roughly what size screen he'd like and thankfully he was prepared to spend a reasonable amount of money.

We found a very nice Panasonic Plasma screen on sale so that's what we bought and took it home, then he decided he needed to reorganise his lounge room ( which actually meant he wanted me to do it ).

Of course with all his components moved around it was back off to the shop to pick up some longer cables and then back to his place to hook up everything, then he asks he if it's possible to connect his old VCR to the plasma, I should've said no but I didn't think quickly enough and answered honestly.

I don't know why but getting that VCR to work with his plasma was a massive pain in the ass, I connected it, disconnected it, swapped cables and did a bunch of other stuff and the damn thing just refused to work for the better part of a couple of hours and then suddenly it was fine, of course using such a poor quality format on such a nice screen seemed criminal but at least it works - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment