Monday, August 16, 2010

The Amazing Screw-On Head

Well I finally got around to watching The Amazing Screw-On Head, this was a cartoon I was interested in seeing but like so many other things I just never got around to it.

I was shocked and somewhat disappointed to see that it's running time was only around 30 minutes, for some reason I thought it had a longer running time but then according to the special features this was a pilot for an animated series, while I did enjoy the pilot I'm glad I got this DVD very cheap on eBay as I'd be really annoyed if I paid full price for this disc based on it's contents.

I've never read The Amazing Screw-On Head comic which is what this episode is based on but I think I'd like to check it out at some point, it's another quirky creation of Mike Mignola and it had the same feel as Hellboy.

The Amazing Screw-On Head isn't something that I imagine would appeal to everyone but I really liked it, it's a shame that more episodes of this series weren't produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment