Saturday, May 29, 2010

Signs

I finally got around to watch M. Night Shyamalan's movie Signs and I really liked it, I enjoyed both The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable ( although I think they are both a little over-rated ), didn't really care for The Village ( actually I thought it was rather predictable ) and I didn't like The Lady in the Water at all.

Signs however was a movie I really enjoyed, given it's story it could've been taken over by excessive amounts of special effects and turned into a Michael Bay style action film but instead Shyamalan delivers a solid story with great acting - it's be nice if we got more movies like that.
If you haven't seen it it's well worth checking out, Shyamalan's directing career has had both highs and lows up until now but if he can return to making movies like this it could only be seen as a good thing.


5 comments:

  1. It's a great movie but treated with scorn by many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M. Night Shyamalan has done some very good films but he's also done some terrible ones. Never quite sure what we're going to get

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked it, I think because I've seen his movies out of order and saw Lady in the Water and The Village before Signs and didn't really like either of those combined with the fact that I had heard bad things about Signs is why it had sat in my unwatched DVD pile for nearly two years.

    I've been trying to convince my wife to watch it, even though she's not really a sci-fi fan I think she'd enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Signs, one of his best. I didn't really like the Sixth Sense much but I liked Lady In the Water. Lady doesn't seem to garner the love that some his other films have and it seems to me that many people didn't like it and I've never really understood why.
    I have high hopes for The Last Airbender. It is a really well done cartoon and I hope that the story doesn't get ruined in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of the M. Night Shyamalan movies I've seen I think The Sixth Sense is my favorite, I've only seen a couple of episodes of The Last Airbender and I thought it was an odd choice of story for him to adapt but I'll probably check it out at some point.

    ReplyDelete