Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Green Lantern: First Flight



While I don't read as much as I used to I consider myself a comics fan, like most kids ( and later adults ) I had my favourite titles and others I enjoyed but I didn't go out of my way to pick up every issue, Green Lantern was a title I enjoyed but I didn't go out of my way to pick up every issue.

Being a fan of comics I try to ( eventually ) watch every comic related movie / TV series that comes along, if it dosen't feature one of my favourite characters I tend to be in no hurry to see it and that was the case with Green Lantern: First Flight - that was what I would call a mistake.

Green Lantern: First Flight was a fantastic movie, it covers Green Lantern's origin in around 5 minutes, it tells the viewer everything they need to know if they aren't familiar with the character without taking up half the movie, from there it's straight into an galaxy spanning adventure that includes The Guardians, the Green Lantern Corps and Sinestro and despite the movies fairly short running time ( approx 75 minutes ) it all makes sense and is still enjoyable to anyone who was totally unfamiliar with the characters.

I hope the producers of the upcoming live action Green Lantern Movie see this film, I think there is a lot that could be learned from this movie that would help them to do Green Lantern justice but I think I for would rather seen a sequel to this outstanding animated movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment