Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Saboteur


About six months ago I was able to buy a bunch of fairly new X-Box 360 titles really cheaply but I just never got around to playing them, I'm quite a fan of the Grand Theft Auto style game and I knew The Saboteur was a game that took place in a massive world so I thought I'd give it a try.

To be truthful I haven't played many of the missions yet but I've spent a lot of time running around Paris and the French countryside ( a lot of countryside - this game is massive ) killing Nazis and blowing up German military assets but this game is a lot of fun, you play an Irishman in France during World War 2 fighting the Nazis but be warned this isn't a kid friendly game.

Based on what I've seen so far there is plenty to do and explore even if you aren't playing through the main story and the game sure is pretty, the AI for the Nazis isn't great but I'm not sure if that's a programming issue or if it's intended that the Nazis in the game are stupid.

I'm sure it's not to every one's taste but I'm really enjoying The Saboteur, it's just different enough from the Grand Theft Auto franchise to not feel like a rip-off but still have a lot of the game play elements that make that series fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment