Friday, April 29, 2011

Things then make ne go Hmmm

Apparently there is a royal wedding tonight and personally I couldn't care less, don't get me wrong I have nothing against the couple in question but it seems to me a lot on money is being wasted on this event and I imagine that it's mostly if not entirely publicly funded, I hope the unemployed, the sick and the homeless in the UK all feel better about themselves and their situations tonight, it just seems to me that all the money could be put to much better use.

Australia's Prime Minister is attending, the same Prime Minister who doesn't believe in marriage and is Republican, so she doesn't support the Monarchy or support marriage which begs the question Why is she there ?, a lot of people will no doubt say that Australia should be represented at such an event and I guess as a matter of international relations we should be but perhaps we should have sent the Deputy Prime Minister or the Governor General instead, at least that wouldn't seem quite as hypocritical.

2 comments: