Saturday, April 30, 2011

He'll Save Everyone of Us



This afternoon I sat down and watched the 80s Flash Gordon movie on Blu-ray, I've had the disc for a while, I picked it up in a two for the price of one sale but I kind of assumed it wouldn't look all that great in High Definition.

Well it seems I was wrong, it looks fantastic for a movie of it's age and it's audio mix was pretty impressive as well, obviously some restoration work has been done for this version of the movie as it's the cleanest print I've seen but there wasn't any detail loss that I noticed caused by using excessive Digital Noise Reduction on the picture, there were a few scenes where some of the actors looked a bit odd but I think that was because of excessive makeup rather than excessive DNR.

It was a little disappointing to see the commentaries that were done for some of the DVD releases weren't included on the Blu-ray so this isn't the definitive release but I doubt much more can be done with the movie in terms of picture and sound quality so if you are just interested in the movie and not extras then the current Blu-ray is the version to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment