Monday, April 11, 2011

Doctor Who Soundtracks

I'm sitting here listening one of the three Doctor Who soundtracks that arrived in the mail today ( Series 4: The Specials ), since Doctor Who has been back in production I've bought each one of Murry Gold's soundtrack albums for both Doctor Who and Torchwood, as a composer I find Murry Gold very uneven in terms of quality, some of his work is amazing and some if it in my opinion is pretty bland which is why I waited until Series 4: The Specials, Series 5 and Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol were on sale.

There's some great stuff on these albums but there is also a lot of elevator muzak, is that too harsh ? but for me apart from the stronger tracks it's all forgotten as soon as it's finished playing.

One of these days I'm going to make myself a compilation CD of the better music from these soundtrack albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment