Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wonder Woman


I've never been a huge fan of the Wonder Woman character, considering her origin story I felt the character had potential but that was often buried in a feminist agenda that got in the way of the storytelling.

I've enjoyed most of the DC comics produced animated movies but I just wasn't really looking forward to Wonder Woman since it featured a character that I'd previously felt drawn to, that was a mistake.

The Wonder Woman animated movie was great, it had a good story with strong female characters without hammering the equality message to death, I also thought the animation looked pretty damn good as well, this is one of the first animated films where I thought being on Blu-ray actually made much of a difference to the quality of the viewing experience.

At one point I believe there were plans for a sequel to this movie but they have been scrapped due to lower than expected sales - what a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment