Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stephen Chow


Stephen Chow's movies have been a bit of a mixed bag for me, there have been a few that I've really enjoyed but there have been a lot of his movies that I just haven't enjoyed at all, as it's turned out I 've watched a few of his movies over the last few days.



The Tricky Master

I would've liked this movie more if they concentrated on telling the story in a comedic way rather than wasting nearly the first half of the movie with oddball comedy that mostly had nothing to do with the plot - the shoe licking was kind of gross.


Fight Back to School

I couldn't really get into this movie ( doesn't bode well for parts 2 and 3 which I also have on DVD ), I watched My Boss My Hero a while back and I liked that movie and I guess I was hoping for something similar to that in terms of tone and story but it wasn't to be and that's a shame since the story of a cop going undercover at a school to revolver a stolen police chief's pistol had potential.

Maybe the sequels will be better.


The Magnificent Scoundrels

Stephen Chow's comedy is pretty hit and miss for me and if I was honest it's been more misses than hits but this was a like able romp that was more situational comedy than the screwball nonsense that seems to take place in a lot of his movies, this was decent if nothing special and I did actually laugh a few times.

Once they got on with it the various characters and the different blackmail schemes they were trying to run were kind of fun

No comments:

Post a Comment