Monday, September 6, 2010

The Dungeon Masters

This documentary follows the lives of three fairly hard core Dungeons and Dragons players, at first I thought this was going to be a laugh at the freaks type documentary like Trekkies and it's sequel.

The three main subjects of the film are all damaged individuals whose lives hadn't turned out the way they hoped and they were honest about that, Dungeons and Dragons may have been what they had in common as people but the film really wasn't about the game.

While I don't relate to the people in terms of personal experience I was occasionally reminded of people I know and some of their experiences.

I don't know if I recommend The Dungeon Masters, I enjoyed it but the subjects of the film might not be a group that people can easily relate to.



No comments:

Post a Comment