Monday, September 27, 2010

Some Australian Movies

I've watched a few Australian movies over the last couple of days.


Chopper
I'd never seen it before, before he got into movies Eric Bana was a second rate comedian on Australian TV and despite all the accolades I just couldn't imagine he'd be a halfway decent dramatic actor - turns out I might have been wrong.

The big disappointment of this movie is that it was obviously a small part of a larger story and just when it was getting interesting the movie ended.

Useless piece of trivia: my wife used to be a community nurse and for a while many years ago and Mark Read's father was one of her patients / clients.


A Man's Gotta Do

The story of a fisherman and part time gang enforcer who struggles to understand and relate to his wife and daughter, I liked the idea behind this movie more than the actual movie.


The Adventures of Barry McKenzie
I have to say up front that I don't like either Barry Crocker or Barry Humphries so a movie starring both of them and co-written by Barry Humphries had zero appeal to me however the clips used in the documentary Not Quite Hollywood looked mildly amusing and that's what it was, very mildly amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment