Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Battlestar Galactica - The Original Series


I'm not talking about the new fangled reimagining of Battlestar Galactica from a few years ago where Starbuck was a woman, Commander Cain was a lesbian and the ending was almost as bad as the finale to Lost.

I'm talking about the original show from the70's, the show I loved as a child ever since I first saw the cut down version of the pilot at the cinema and I love it still despite the fact it's a show that's very much of it's time with over the top and somewhat camp acting and honestly at times some very weak writing.

For the better part of the last week I've been rewatching the show on Blu-ray and it's been a lot of fun, the show looks and sounds better in High Definition, it's a shame no real restoration work was done on the episodes but overall it's an improvement on the DVD release from several years ago.

I know some people don't like this show or think it hasn't aged well for me this is the concentrated essence of my childhood, a much simpler and less cynical time and the show reflects that.

Rewatching the original version of Battlestar Galactica, is a little like catching up with old friends you haven't seen in years, sure they might not have aged well but it's still nice to see them now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment