Saturday, December 27, 2014

1941


Oh 1941 what a glorious mess you are.

I've always liked Steven Spielberg's 1941, I think it mostly fails as a comedy, I just don't find it to be very funny but I do find the movie to be entertaining and I always have.

I was given the Steven Spielberg Blu-ray boxset for Christmas this year and one of the movies it contained was 1941 so a large part of my Christmas viewing was the extended cut of 1941 and I have to say given it's age the movie looks great and the audio is decent, the production values that the movie had are impressive and can be truly appreciated with the transfer used on the Blu-ray and the cast that Spielberg assembled for the movie is still impressive.

Some of the humour in the movie might be offensive to a modern audience, 1941 certainly isn't politically correct but that didn't personally bother me, I just sat back and gazed at what was unfolding on screen before me, it may not have been funny but it was certainly well crafted.

Oh 1941 what a glorious mess you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment