Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spider-Man: The Birth of Venom




There was a time when I was a massive Spider-Man fan, I used to buy all the comics, watch the cartoons, if there was a Spider-Man story I had to experience it.

I clearly remember all the stories that introduced Venom, a character I've never liked all that much back then and my dislike for the character remains to this day so I've never really understood why Venom became such a popular character.

Re-reading the collected version of the origin of Venom has done nothing to make me appreciate the character more, in fact all it did was remind me how much I didn't like Todd McFarlane's artwork at the time, while it was certainly stylised it didn't care for the way he drew a lot of the main characters, thankfully that improved over time.

It was interesting re-reading the introduction of a major marvel character, it's a pity it wasn't for the most part enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment