Thursday, March 14, 2013

Skyfall




I watched Skyfall again last night, I was entertained by the movie when I first saw it in the theatre but I can't say I was impressed and I certainly couldn't understand why everyone else was raving about it, upon viewing it a second time I found I liked it a lot more but I still wouldn't call it a classic Bond film.

One thing I will say it that it was one of the best looking films in the series and the Blu-ray looked fantastic, I hope the producers of the series can maintain the excellent visual quality on display in the film.

There were things I liked about the movie such as the new Moneypenny and the fact that this movie had a little more sense of fun to it but there were also things I didn't like such as the new Q, the replacing of Judi Dench as M and the fairly ordinary revenge plot.

It's not that I thought Skyfall was bad, I guess I just didn't think it felt like a Bond film ( don't get me started on Quantum of Solace ), now with Skyfall it seems like the rebooting of the franchise has been completed and maybe we can get back to some classic 007 style action once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment