Thursday, March 14, 2013

Captain America: The New Deal




I'm not a huge Captain America fan, I like the character but I've never felt any compulsion to collect the comics, I might pick up a storyline here or there and I did enjoy the recent movie based on the character, I've just never felt any compulsion to collect or regularly read Captain America comics.

The New Deal was originally part of a relaunch of the character that took place after the September 11 terrorist attacks and it deals with terrorism and not hatched by some returning super villain who will be once again defeated by our all conquering hero.

The first issue mostly takes place at Ground Zero and is an extremely compelling read, the remaining five issues aren't bad as such but they feel rather contrived and some of the events that take place seem rather unlikely.

I think The New Deal is a story I'll need to re-read at some point as I'm really struggling to form an opinion about it, I rather liked the artwork featured in the book but I just can't decide if I liked the story or not, if nothing else it's given me something to think about and that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment