Thursday, March 21, 2013

Game of Thrones - Season 1




Sometimes there is a TV show or movie that comes along and it would seem that if anyone was destined to love it, it would be me and sometimes that for whatever reason just doesn't happen, for me Game of Thrones is one of those shows.

Now I'm not saying I dislike the show, it's fine but I just really don't get what all the fuss is about, I enjoy stories with political machinations, treachery and a bit of war just to top it all off and Game of Thrones has all of that.

Last year I watched the first five episodes of the first season of the show and I just lost interest, I didn't really feel anything so I stopped watching, it was only the anticipation of various friends of mine for season 3 that motivated me to start watching the show again.

I have to say things started to improve in the latter half of the season but I still don't consider Game of Thrones to be this amazing fantasy epic there is no denying it's potential to develop into something amazing but for me it's just not there yet.

I'm planning on cracking open the shrink wrap on season sometime over the next couple of days, I'm hoping thing continue to improve and the show evolves into the amazing fantasy epic I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment