Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Masters of the Universe



This afternoon I watched the live action Masters of the Universe movie from the 80s, as far as I can recall I only ever saw it once on VHS many years ago, my memory of the movie was of this low budget fiasco, however this time around I though it was kind of fun in a B-Grade low budget kind of way.

It has to be said the entire cast of this movie was pretty wooden and a couple of them were bad enough to make Dolph Lundgren seem like a halfway decent actor but what I think really hurt the movie was it's poor action sequences, if this movie needed anything it was a decent fight / stunt choreographer and someone who knew how to shoot action scenes, instead it looked like they were making it up as they went along.

Masters of the Universe is by no means a good movie but it is a sort of camp fun, this is a movie that was desperately trying to be Star Wars ( or something similar ) and spectacularly failing, at least Dolph Lundgren looked the part as He-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment