Sunday, May 29, 2011

L.A. Noire



I finished L.A. Noire at some ungodly hour last night and overall I really enjoyed it, visually it's the most impressive console game I've seen in some time but in terms of story I guess what was going on and why early on during the game, this is a problem I often also have with movies and TV shows as well so rather than assume it's a problem with this excellent game I guess it means I've watched or read a lot of similar material.

Since L.A Noire is a game that's based more around investigation than action I'm not sure there is much replay value in this game but I think I'd like to see a sequel set in the same environment, there was certainly plenty to see and explore and it seems like a shame to not return to L.A. in the 1940s for more adventures.

If you haven't already rushed out and bought the game like I did I'd suggest waiting until it's on sale or has a price reduction, once you've solved the game there isn't a lot of replay value, sure you can go and hunt for any collectibles you might have missed but I'm not sure what the point of replaying the various cases would be once you've already solved them.

L.A. Noire was certainly a very enjoyable game set in a wonderfully detailed environment but like so many other things doesn't live up to it's hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment