Monday, May 23, 2011

L.A. Noire, Stargate Universe, Supernatural and a bunch of other stuff.



Well the Man Flu seems to slowly be improving but over that last few days all I've really done is watch some more of season five of Supernatural and a bunch of Stargate: Universe season one episodes along with a few movies and play L.A. Noire, lots and lots of L.A. Noire.


Supernatural

Supernatural season 5 started of pretty weak in my opinion and it took until around episode 9 for things to even start to improve, I've always said this show mostly failed to live up o it's potential but this is the first time I've felt it has suffered a prolonged drop in quality, I'm really hoping things pick up during the second half of the season.


Stargate: Universe

I've watched 7 season 1 episodes of Stargate: Universe over the last 2 days, I wouldn't say any of them have been anything special but I've at least found most of them interesting, it's easy to see why the show struggled to find an audience and was ultimately cancelled but the show has managed to keep my attention.


Centurion

I really enjoyed Neil Marshall's first three movies and while I was aware that he was working on Centurion I had no idea that it was actually finished let alone been released on Blu-ray, after watching the movie I can see why it came and went without leaving much of an impression, it has all the stylistic hallmarks of Marshall's previous movies but it just wasn't as much fun, there are plenty of movies about a small group of people trapped in enemy territory, there is more fun to be had watching The Warriors ( original theatrical version of course ) than this unfortunately disappointing film.


Mindhunters

I guessed who the killer was fairly early on in the movie but I still enjoyed it and at the end of the day that's what matters, it's worth a look but it's not really worth owning.


Machete

Oddly not as action packed as I expected it to be but still fun, certainly not a family film and not for the squeamish either but I enjoyed it, if only this had been released as part of Grindhouse instead of the awful Death Proof.


L.A. Noire

This is a good game it really is but it's not deserving of a lot off the hype it's been receiving, the performance capture technology they developed for the game is impressive, it occasionally produce rather exaggerated facial expressions but for the most part it works rather well, this really is a good game and I'm glad I bought it but I think I'd recommend renting it and having a look at the game before buying it because it simply isn't the genre defining game a lot of people are claiming it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment