Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Omen ( 2006 )



I'm a big fan of Richard Donner's The Omen, it's one of the very few occult thrillers of that type that I don't find extremely silly and I can remember being more than a little annoyed when the remake was announced years ago.

Time passed and the film was completed and released and from what I heard it was terrible, four years after it's release I've finally seen the remake and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be, it was uninspired and workman like completely lacking any of the subtlety of the original movie but it's not terrible as such.

Any viewer would be far better served seeking out the original version of The Omen and if they must see this movie try and catch it on TV, it's not worth spending money to see it but I guess it will pass a bit of time, as remakes go it could have been much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment