Friday, January 14, 2011

The Abandoned




I won this movie as part of a bulk lot of DVDs on eBay but because of it's publisher who usually releases poor quality extremely low budget movies I just hadn't bothered watching it and as it turns out that was a mistake.

This was obviously a fairly low budget movie but it's producers make the most of what they had and they also made excellent use of sound.

The Abandoned isn't the typical Hollywood gore fest that most modern horror movies seem to have become, while I'm not entirely sure what was happening all of the time ( which invites a re watch ) I think I have a pretty good handle on the basic scenario.

How nice it is to see a horror movie that with an actual story that will cause the viewer to think about what he / she has seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment