Monday, April 13, 2015

The Scorpion King 1-4


Yes that's right there are four Scorpion King movies, who knew ?

I remember when the original Scorpion King was released in the cinemas and a lot of people complained that it was a big dumb action movie which was actually exactly what I wanted from that movie so I enjoyed and I've enjoyed it the couple of times I've seen it since, not being a wrestling fan I had no idea who The Rock was but he seem to have a certain charisma and he suited the part he was playing.

Years later I saw a prequel film called The Scorpion King: Rise of a Warrior, it wasn't a great movie but it was watchable, recently I discovered there were in fact 2 more Scorpion King movies ( strangely enough The Rock doesn't appear in either of them ).

Scorpion King 3 & 4 ( especially 4 ) are two of the most uninspired, unengaging workman like movies I've seen in a long time, they had the potential to be entertaining B-movies but they don't come close to achieving that, it honestly felt like everyone involved was just there to cash a paycheck and weren't trying at all, it's been a long time since I've seen a movie as bland as Scorpion King 3 & 4.

I guess it was nice to see M. Emmet Walsh  was actually still alive and working.

Watch the original Scorpion King, it's a fun movie and if you must The Scorpion King: Rise of a Warrior but don't waste your time on the other two movies in the series, you have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment