Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Alien Anthology ( Blu-ray )


If there was good thing to come out of my recent back injury it was the fact I had the opportunity to catch up on some things I wanted to watch and read, I also took the opportunity to revisit some old favourites.

Unlike myself my daughter hates the Alien movies and if there is one thing she hates more than Alien movies it Alien movies with the commentaries playing and that's how I chose to watch the films this time around.

The commentaries are a bit of a mixed bunch, especially the commentaries for Aliens and Alien³  which were assembled from several different sources rather than having the commentators record a live commentary, of course it would have been fantastic to hear David Fincher's thoughts on the making of Alien³ .

One of the things that always shocks me is how grain Aliens is compared to the other films in the series and the different aspect ratio also feels a little out of place but it's a fun movie all the same.

I love the Alien movies and I hope the rumoured fifth Alien film goes ahead even if that means I'll be buying yet another Alien themed boxset in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment