Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hell Comes to Frogtown



With a title like Hell Comes to Frogtown it's probably safe to assume you aren't about to view anything approaching high art however I've always had a fondness for this film.

I first saw the movie, well most of the movie years ago when I accidentally taped it on late night TV, sadly the tape ran out before the end of the movie, years later I found a copy on VHS to rent but the tape was so badly damaged it was unwatchable, finally I discovered that the movie had been released on DVD and I just had to have it, I just had to know how it ended.

Hell Comes to Frogtown is a B movie in every way and revels in that fact but it's fun, it's production values are almost non existent but it has a certain charm however I was stunned to hear the movie was being released on Blu-ray, I just didn't get it as I couldn't imagine there would be any benefit to releasing that movie in a high definition format but I have to say it actually looks pretty good for a low budget movie, some of the locations look really nice in HD.

The movie was released in the UK on Blu-ray in very limited numbers but if it's re released there or gets a US release and you are a fan of the movie it's well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment