Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dirty Harry




I recently picked up a 20 movie Blu-ray boxset of Clint Eastwood movies, the first film in the collection was Dirty Harry.

I had my doubts about there being any real improvement in picture and sound quality on a movie that old but I'm pleased to say I think it's a worthwhile upgrade, of course the movie can't compare with movies being produced using modern technology but Dirty Harry holds it's own in every other way, this is Clint Eastwood in one of his signature roles and I enjoy it as much now as I did the first time I saw it on VHS all those years ago.

It's a shame we don't seem to have many directors of Don Siegel's calibre anymore glossy big budget special effects and action sequences just don't make up for story telling ability, add to that Clint Eastwood's charisma on screen and you can only have a winning combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment