Thursday, August 8, 2013

The World's End




Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a huge fan of the TV series Spaced so when a lot of the talent behind that show went on to make movies it was going to attract my attention.

First came Shaun of the Dead and I loved it, in some ways it was like looking at myself when I was 10 years younger than I was at the time although I had few undead problems than the characters in the movie.

Next came Hot Fuzz and again I was presented with a movie I truly enjoyed and have rewatched many times since.

Now we come to The World's End, well I guess the dream run had to end eventually but The World's End is slow to get started but is rather amusing during the middle section but I'm afraid the end is just too far over the top and well in my opinion stupid.

I truly hope the team of Wright, Pegg and Frost get together to make another movie sometime soon and maybe recapture some of their old magic but for me The World's End was a bit of a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment