Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray] (2012)




Over the last week I have been watching Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled ( boy that's a mouthful ), I've had the boxset sitting here for a while and while I enjoyed the various movies I had seen them before so I lacked any motivation to re watch them, I was at one point planning to watch them in the lead up to my going to see Iron Man 3 but that came and went and still I hadn't made a start on the movies.

Well now it's over and done with and I've come to a couple of interesting conclusions:

Firstly: The Incredible Hulk is a much better movie than it's generally given credit for and Edward Norton is a much better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo was when the role was recast for The Avengers.

Secondly: Iron Man 2 isn't the total travesty I though I remembered it being.

Thirdly: The Avengers is probably the weakest film in the series (m in my opinion ), I'm not saying it's bad, I rather like parts of it but there are parts of this movie I just don't enjoy at all.

I am looking forward to the rest of the Phase 2 movies, I can't say I loved Iron Man 3 but I can appreciate that they tried to do some thing different and to me that's a good sign that Marvel are prepared to take some risks with their movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment