Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Poilce Story



I'm not really a fan of Police Story ( it does have some nice stunts ) and I haven't seen any of it's sequels but I was pleasantly surprised by New Police Story.

I've never seen Jackie Chan play a character that is as flawed as the inspector in this movie and he remains pretty dark throughout the movie, in fact this isn't really your typical Jackie Chan movie at all, yes there were a couple of stunt sequences ( the descent down the side of the building was ruined by the bloopers at the revealing how they did it ) but it's the tone of this movie that was different, if anything Nicholas Tse's character is more typical of the roles Jackie Chan usually plays.

There are a couple of instances of bad CGI and blue / green screen work but overall I thought this was a pretty decent movie, not one I'll be in a hurry to see again but I did enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment