Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Eye



I first saw The Eye on TV a few years ago ( well it seems like a few years ) and while I did like it the subtitles weren't exactly accurate, it wasn't in widescreen and it seemed like the movie had been badly edited in a couple of places, I recently got a copy of the movie on DVD and I was very impressed with the DTS surround sound mix, the use of sound in this movie really helps sell what is happening on screen, it was also nice to see it in widescreen with decent subtitles.

When I first saw the movie I didn't find it as creepy as it's reputation suggested and on my second viewing I pretty much remembered what was going to happen so there were no real scares to be had, I imagine if you were lucky enough to see the movie in a cinema with a decent sound system The Eye would've been an effective little thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment