Sunday, May 24, 2015

Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys


I tend to be a sucker for these types of fan documentaries and I had been aware that Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys was being produced and was looking forward to seeing it.

Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys really only covers the toys that were produced by Kenner for the original movie trilogy with an extremely brief mention of some later toys so the documentary is hardly comprehensive and given it's short running time of around 70 minutes there's no way it could have been.

As a child growing up I had but sadly no longer have a lot of the original Star Wars action figures and I was looking forward to seeing some of those for nostalgic reasons but for me the thing that makes some of these fan documentaries so enjoyable is that they often interview at least one character that I find interesting or can somehow identify with and unfortunately this time that didn't happen.

Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys is a decent reasonably entertaining if somewhat short documentary, there is certainly plenty of scope for a second film about Star Wars merchandising and if that film ever gets made I'd like to see a little more depth when discussing the subject.

Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys is certainly worth watching but I don't know that it's worth owning unless you are truly passionate about collecting Star Wars toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment