Saturday, May 4, 2013

Alphas




For a while now I had been hearing about Alphas and what I had been hearing was mostly very good so I made a note of it and planned to catch it one day, the first season came and went, the second season came and went and I still hadn't gotten around to watching it, then the news came that the show had been cancelled.

Eventually I saw the season 1 boxset on sale so I thought I'd grab it while it was going cheap, my DVDs eventually arrived and I sat down and watched the first disc, my initial thought were "I don't get it".

I understood what was going on and what the show seemed to be about but I just didn't get what all the fuss was about, some friends told me to stick with the show and that it was a little slow to get started but it did improve and they were right it did indeed improve but it didn't become must see viewing as far as I was concerned, I think it would be fair to say I like the show but don't love it and that I am interested in seeing the second and final season but it's not something I NEED to see.

Maybe I've just gotten jaded and cynical but it seems like I've seen this basic story plenty of times in the past and Alphas didn't really do anything new with it, at least not during the first season anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment