Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dragon Age: Redemption




OK I admit I probably never would have given this a second glance if it wasn't for the fact I enjoy Felicia Day's web series The Guild even though I own but still haven't played Dragon Age: Origins.

Basically this is a low budget ( and I mean low budget ) web series based on the Dragon Age video game franchise and it has a certain charm to it I guess but honestly I just didn't really like the writing, the story felt rather contrived in places and at times didn't entirely make sense.

The projects budget I'm sure is to blame for a lot of the stories shortcomings, at times it felt like some scenes weren't completed or shot at all, I bought the web series on DVD and at times the whole thing just felt choppy, the cast all seemed like able and their performances were reasonably engaging.

If you happen to be a Felicia Day fan ( and she sure seems to have a lot of them ) this might be worth checking out but even if you aren't a fan I think you would be better served checking out The Guild instead.

All of that being said I would be interested in seeing what Ms Day and her crew could do with an improved budget and more time but for me anyway Dragon Age: Redemption feels like it could have been great but failed to live up to it's potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment