Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Goodbye Facebook

I've never had any real use for social networking sites like Facebook and to be honest I can't see many real uses for such sites, I know this is the Internet age and online social networking has become insanely popular but I just don't get it - if I want to catch up or get back in contact with someone I actually do rather than try and add someone to a friends list - does having a list of friends sometimes including celebrities you'll never meet actually make anyone feel good about themselves ?

Today I was actually on Facebook which is pretty rare in itself for me and I found myself thinking that this isn't fun, it certainly isn't useful so why am I bothering ?

I'm a member of several online discussion forums and I really enjoy those but Facebook does nothing for me so with that in mind I deactivated my account - if I could delete it altogether I would but I have no intention of going back, I'm pretty sure I won't be missed since I was rarely on there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment