Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Looper



I like a good time travel story, in fact I just like a good story in general but I honestly can't decide if Looper qualifies as either.

I really liked the concept behind Looper and it had some nice moments sprinkled throughout the movie but there was this gnawing something that I can't quite put my finger on that just didn't really work for me.

There have been some reviews that I've seen that compare Looper to Inception but for me there is no comparison as Inception is a superior movie in pretty much every way and perhaps that's the problem I have.

In the end I think Looper is an entertaining movie that could have been much better if it's back story had been developed a bit more, for me bits of it just don't quite work but the performances were good and on a technical level the movie was well put together but sadly I think the story needed a little more work.

Despite it's flaws I still think Looper is worth watching if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment