Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Logan's Run: The Complete TV Series




I remember when Logan's Run was on TV back in the 70's and I remember loving the show as a kid and it was always something I wanted to see again which just goes to show how powerful nostalgia can be, I had been sorely tempted to buy a bootleg DVD set of the series on more than one occasion but resisted in the hope that the series might eventually get an official DVD release.

As I hoped the series did eventually get an official DVD release and it's a bit of a mixed bag, the picture quality on some of the episodes including the pilot is pretty poor, I wasn't expecting anything to compare to modern television production standards but surely there were prints of some of these episodes in better condition than the versions used to master the DVDs, cramming all 13 episodes including the feature length pilot episode onto just three DVDs didn't help matters either.

Technical issues aside the show itself is also a bit of a mixed bag, I really enjoyed some of the episodes and other not so much but overall I'm glad I got these DVDs, the one thing that did shock me was how well I remembered some episodes of a show I hadn't seen in over 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment