Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kindred: The Embraced





Kindred: The Embraced is a show I've been interested in seeing for a few years, about three weeks ago I finally bought the DVDs and today I watched the first one and a half episodes and I've come to the conclusion this show really sucks.

While I was watching the pilot I was often reminded of mind numbingly bland Charmed ( well the few episodes I saw were incredibly bland so I gave up on it early on ), it's no that some of the ideas in Kindred: The Embraced weren't good but they were so diluted and the show chose to focus on soap opera aspects instead of proper storytelling.

My daughter is a big fan of Charmed and I suspect she'll probably enjoy Kindred: The Embraced as well, I was amused to discover that a lot of the same people were behind both television series, in fact you could almost look at Kindred: The Embraced as a early prototype for Charmed.

I think that unless you are a big fan of soap opera or concepts that are heavily dumbed down so as not to offend anyone then Kindred: The Embraced is a show that's probably best avoided.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite genre (well vampire) shows of all time, didn't hurt it got chopped off before it really got started (Firefly effect) and losing the star so soon after adds an element but each to their own:)
    Next you'll be saying you don't rate "Wolf Lake"

    ReplyDelete